Tamodex is a brand name for the drug tamoxifen citrate. It is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) and acts as an estrogen agonist/antagonist in various tissues throughout the body depending on the specific target organ.
What is Tamodex (Tamoxifen Citrate)?
Tamodex is typically used for men to treat estrogenic side effects it can have on the body. It has been shown to be very effective at inhibiting estrogenic activity that will occur in men who are using steroids which aromatize into estrogen or when using testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) due to low endogenous levels of testosterone.
When the issue of breast enlargement, commonly referred to as gynecomastia, you will find Tamodex being suggested quite frequently in various forums when dealing with anabolic steroid users.
Tamoxifen citrate has also shown itself valuable in protecting against another form of gynecomastia known as water retention which can result from excess estrogen.
How does Tamodex (Tamoxifen Citrate) work?
The way that Tamodex works is very similar to the drug clomiphene citrate. It works by binding to estrogen receptors in certain tissues throughout the body and will activate them only enough so as to reduce total estrogenic activity without actually triggering receptor mediated actions such as breast tissue growth which is responsible for gynecomastia.
How should Tamodex (Tamoxifen Citrate) be dosed?
In order to reduce estrogenic activity, a typical dosage for men is between 40-80mg per day. It has been shown that 20mg to 40mg daily should be sufficient enough to accomplish the goal. In all actuality it would not be wise to use more than 80mg as further suppression could lead to severe receptor downregulation which will increase the risk of relapse in individuals who have used anabolic steroids.
Additionally, because it does not carry a black box warning like other SERMs such as Clomid and Nolvadex you can safely combine it with many different types of steroids without worrying about liver toxicity.
Can we stack Tamodex (Tamoxifen Citrate) with other steroids?
Those who have used Tamodex in the past will generally stack it alongside a testosterone replacement therapy. If you’re someone who has low levels of natural testosterone, this is often the best way to use it.
When using it for other purposes such as protecting against estrogenic side effects while taking anabolic steroids, stacking Tamodex with your steroid of choice should be fine. You can also take it on its own or incorporate another SERM into the stack; for example, Nolvadex or Clomid.
How long should one run Tamodex (Tamoxifen Citrate)?
The majority of men will only need to run Tamodex for 4-6 weeks. This will be enough to reduce estrogenic activity, protect against gynecomastia and water retention. You should not run this drug for more than 6 weeks unless you are using it along with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).
It will play an important role in protecting your gains during TRT by reducing the risk of gynecomastia. While on TRT alone you could run it for longer periods of time but make sure that there is at least one week off every 3-4 weeks.
Side effects of Tamodex (Tamoxifen Citrate)?
When used responsibly there should be little to no side effects associated with taking Tamodex. However, when taken irresponsibly or when recommended doses are exceeded you may run into several adverse reactions.
Estrogenic side effects can occur which include but are not limited to, gynecomastia, water retention and increased blood pressure. According to product reviews, it is also known to have a slight impact on liver values but should not cause any severe damage if taken responsibly.
Product reviews for Tamodex (Tamoxifen Citrate):
1. Thomas Andrew (August 1, 2021): Tamodex is an antiestrogen which I found to be very useful in reducing estrogenic activity when trying to stay lean while taking steroids.
2. Kai Jose (August 2, 2021): I took Tamodex while on TRT and found that it did help me avoid estrogenic side effects associated with my medication. Would definitely recommend this product if you need protection from gyno after steroid use.
3. Nate Ryder (August 5, 2021): I used Tamodex while taking anabolic steroids and found it to be very effective in reducing or eliminating estrogenic side effects. Great product that does what should do.
4. Gael Rowan (August 7, 2021): Tried Tamoxifen Citrate for the first time ever recently mainly because of issues with gyno. Estrogen seemed fine but I needed something to help prevent further problems from occurring. So far so good as gyno has not occurred even after taking quite a few different kinds of steroids. Will definitely buy again, highly recommended!
5. Diego Miles (August 10, 2021): Tamodex is a great SERM, I’ve used it several times and will continue to do so as needed. While taking steroids such as Trenbolone or Winstrol I like to take this one as it does help with prostate health. This makes PCT much easier to deal with as it helps reduce post cycle soreness and discomfort caused by low estrogen levels. Would definitely recommend this product.
6. George Louii (August 11, 2021): Great product that helps protect against estrogenic side effects when taking anabolic steroids. No noticeable side effects and works well for me even though I have always had high blood pressure. Little pricey but worth the price if you’re looking for protection from gyno while on cycle!
7. Juan Carlos (August 12, 2021): While taking anabolic steroids I have always taken Tamodex because of its protective effects against gynecomastia. No noticeable side effects, great product for me.
8. Jude Malachi (August 15, 2021): Took this with testosterone replacement therapy to help avoid gyno related problems. So far so good even though I have high blood pressure already, no issues at all regarding this or anything else for that matter. Very pleased with results.
9. Arthur Brandon (August 16, 2021): I have used Tamodex several times and am very happy with the results so far. I haven’t had any issues with estrogen levels even after taking steroids such as Trenbolone, Deca or Anadrol.
10. Antonio Xander (August 27, 2021): This product is awesome, I have used it several times. It does exactly what it’s supposed to do which is help protect against estrogenic side effects by binding to receptor cells. No noticeable side effects, highly recommended!
Stay protected when taking steroids!
Tamodex is a very effective product that can help protect against possible estrogenic side effects when taking anabolic steroids. It works by binding to receptor cells which prevents the effects of excess estrogen in the body. Get Tamodex now and stay protected!
Hey! I am Carlos Adrian, nutritionist, fitness trainer and healthy lifestyle blogger. My professional interest is everything that helps me to be beautiful, healthy and strong: fitness, nutrition, sleep, posture, movement and a healthy attitude to food. I love science, I take an evidence-based approach to nutrition and exercise, I write articles about it.